I’ve been known to get creative in the kitchen. Since starting Weight Watchers, I’ve had to find healthier cooking options, try new vegetables and foods to keep our meals healthy and exciting.
One of my favorite switch ups is I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. It tastes like butter, but is lower in fat and contains 0% artificial preservatives.
My favorite variety is the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light. There is no loss in taste, it’s fresh, buttery and cooks perfectly. If light isn’t your thing, this buttery spread also comes in Original and Olive Oil.
To keep my creative juices flowing, I checked out the “Pick the Perfect Pair” recipe finder. Simply choose your main ingredient, chicken, eggs, vegetables, pork or fruit and the picker will give you an amazing new recipe to try out.
My ingredient of choice was vegetables and Veggie Quesadillas was the recipe given to me. Cheese, squash, zucchini all mixed in with delicious spices. This recipe was perfect for a healthy meal that isn’t lacking in flavor.
What’s cool about this recipe is how versatile it is. Squash and zucchini not your thing? So many vegetables could be used in these Veggie Quesadillas and they would all taste great.
Check out the “Pick the Perfect Pair” recipe finder and make something new for your next dinner!
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 4 cups chopped assorted vegetables, (onion, zucchini and/or yellow squash)
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 (10-in.) burrito size flour tortillas
- Melt 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetables with chili powder, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until warm. Stir in cheese and cilantro.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and brush one side of each tortilla. Turn tortillas over and arrange vegetable mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half over filling.
- Heat clean large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas, in batches, turning once, until crisp and cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.