Sweeten up your Valentine’s breakfast with these adorable heart shaped blueberry muffins.
I love to make cute things for my husband and kids on Valentine’s Day, everything is done up in hearts. Though the common thing to make on Valentine’s Day morning are heart shaped pancakes, we are going to mix it up this year and surprise the family with muffins!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture then set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Pour egg mixture all at once into the well in flour mixture. Stir just until moistened, batter should be lumpy. Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Spoon batter into creased muffin cups or cupcake papers in a muffin pan. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 19-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Makes 12 - 2 1/2 inch muffins.