We love a good snack around here. Tribe sent us some coupons to try out some of their hummus (All thoughts 100% my own) to see if it was a healthy snack option for our family. My husband’s gluten allergy sometimes puts us in a bind looking for an acceptable alternative that all of us can enjoy.
We spent some time in the cooler at Shaw’s (our local grocery store) discovering all of the different flavor combinations that Tribe has to offer. I love that they come in 8oz and 16oz containers so we could choose a flavor we weren’t sure everyone would like and the bigger option in garlic, a more traditional hummus flavor.
I really appreciated the transparent lid to see the goodies sprinkled on top. I went with the Garlic hummus because I’m not fond of spice. Fortunately, my husband is fond of a little kick so he chose the Chipotle hummus. We picked out some gluten free chips and dug in.
Sometimes hummus can be gritty or quite blah in flavor but Tribe delivers a smooth tasty dip. We also love our Tribe hummus with carrots, pita chips, crackers, celery, in fact just about anything you fancy!
We are really looking forward to trying Tribe’s limited edition flavors of hummus, Everything Hummus, features a perfect blend of seasonings to capture the taste of an everything bagel and is available on shelves nationwide now through August 2013.
Here is a tasty Tribe Hummus recipe for a Grilled Veggie Wrap, check out the Tribe website for more of these tasty recipes!
Featuring a colorful variety of greens, the whole-wheat Grilled Veggie Wrap is a perfect choice for a healthful veggie lunch or dinner.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Tribe Classic or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4 pieces whole wheat wrap bread (about 9 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill until tender and slightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the hummus over each piece of bread.
- Top with 3 slices of zucchini, 2 pieces of red pepper, 1/2 cup of the spinach, a few sliced onions, and 1 tablespoon of the mint.
- Roll each of them up and cut in half on a diagonal.
Visit Tribe Hummus on Facebook for other fun Recipes and Promotions!
Check out the Tribe Hummus website and see all of the delicious Hummus varieties and locate a store near you