I’m celebrating springtime in Maine with a little indulgence. Fisher Nuts is a partner with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, a recent winner on Food Network’s Iron Chef and a regular judge on Chopped.
Alex has some fresh ideas and tips on how to take your Spring time cuisine to the next level. We were invited to try out some of Alex’s recipes using the fun tools and nuts that were sent to us by Fisher Nuts (All thoughts are 100% my own!).
After drooling over so many recipes backed by Chef Alex I decided on a yummy dessert with a Fisher Nuts crunch- Triple Chocolate Cookies. I love Triple Chocolate cookies and a fresh twist is put on them by sprinkling in some crunch with Fisher Nuts walnuts.
Here’s the recipe for Triple Chocolate Cookies that can be found on the Fisher Nuts website-
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ lb. unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Chopped Walnuts
- Place the unsweetened chocolate and 4 ounces semisweet chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Let sit for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and repeat until chocolate is mostly melted. Set aside.
- In a mixer, whip eggs and sugar on medium-high speed about 5 minute until thick and light. Reduce speed and add in melted chocolate and vanilla until well blended.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate and walnuts. Refrigerate until dough is firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, place cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until the cookies have cracked and look dry but are still moist on the inside, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Ready for a giveaway so you can try your own hand at Alex’s recipes? Here’s the prize pack!
The prize pack (approximately a $56 value) will include:
Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls (Set of 3)
Trudeau 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set
Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups
Fisher Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds
Fisher Chef’s Naturals Walnut Halves & Pieces
Fisher Pecan Halves
Visit Alex on Twitter for more exciting tips and recipes
Join the conversation on Facebook and see what other’s are making with Fisher Nuts
Sample Disclosure Statement: I am working with Fisher to share Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s recipes and create my own original recipe using Fisher Nuts and tools they provided. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.