This is a sponsored post by Energizer and the Motherhood. As always, all opinions expressed here are my very own.
There is nothing cuter then watching your little goblins get excited about Halloween and dress up as their favorite characters. As my little ones were growing up, I remember being so excited the first year they were able to walk up and say “Trick or Treat”.
With their focus being on the fun, it’s my job as the parent to make sure that it’s all done safely.
Our Halloween day is filled with fun at school, fun spooky snacks when they get home and then we carve the last of our pumpkins until it’s time to go out. The sun starts to go down and both of my kids are racing to their rooms for Halloween costumes… who’s gonna win? It’s always a race in our house.
Right before it’s time to go out, we always pull out the flashlights and talk about pre-game safety. Here are some of tips that we follow to keep our little goblins safe on Halloween night.
Energizer Halloween Safety Tips
- Plan a trick-or-treat route ahead of time.Create a route that avoids major intersections, but does have safe crosswalks and sidewalks. If there are no sidewalks, be sure to walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Always look both ways before crossing any street.
- Find new ways to celebrate the holiday. Seek out neighborhood “trunk-or-treats” as alternatives to traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating. These events are great for younger children or in neighborhoods that might be difficult to navigate on Halloween night.
- Keep a portable light on hand (or head).As the sun sets, you don’t want to be caught in the dark. Energizer portable lights ensure you’re ready to hit the streets on Halloween night:
- Energizer® LED 2 in 1 light FusionFlashlights– Compact and versatile, Energizer Light Fusion Technology products are convenient, water resistant and provide impressively bright long lasting light—easily seen by drivers and other pedestrians.
- Headlights – Powerful Energizer LED headlights are lightweight and convenient – perfect for keeping hands free. That way, you may hold your child’s hand, while their other clutches the ever-important candy container. The headlight can even add to or be a part of a costume!
- Pick the right costume. Choose lightly colored costumes, while avoiding head-to-toe dark selections. Make sure the costume fits properly and shoes are comfortable. If possible, avoid masks and opt for face paint so that vision is not impaired.
- Walk, don’t run. Take your time and walk; don’t run from house to house on Halloween night. Use Energizer portable lights to be aware of decorations or other obstructions in yard and on sidewalks to avoid trips and falls.
- Be selective. Only visit well-lit houses and avoid stopping at dark houses. Remind your children to stay in groups and never accept rides from strangers or enter homes without a parent or guardian.
- Charge your devices. Make sure to charge cell phone and ensure that your flashlight has fresh batteries. Energizer® MAX® with Power Seal Technology is long-lasting and no leaks guaranteed*. Use your cell phone for necessary communications (and adorable photos), otherwise keep it in a purse or pocket to avoid distractions.
*Or we will replace your device. See www.energizer.com/guarantee.