I’m on such a mushroom kick lately and have been trying out all sorts of new portobello recipes. It’s a new awakening and they are transforming our dinners every night! Tonight, we were thinking something Italian so I whipped up these cheesy italian portobello mushrooms. If you missed our dinner the other night, we made pepperoni pizza portobellos and they were so delicious. If you are watching your carbs, this is a great alternative to spaghetti night! We still like our carbs, these were sided with a slice of low fat garlic bread. For those on weight watchers, this recipe will make a serving of 9 mushroom caps. For my dinner, 3 of these were a total of 8 points and 2 for the garlic bread. Perfect dinner when you have indulged during the day!
[pinit count=”horizontal” size=”large” button_type=”one” shape=”rectangular” remove_div=”true”]
These low fat cheesy italian mushroom caps are so easy to make, if you are new to portobello recipes, don’t be intimidated! It takes less time to prepare them, then to cook. Portobello mushrooms are slap dab, throw it together and bake it for 20 minutes. Such an easy easy dinner! If you are a mushroom lover like us, these will not disappoint you.
Portobello Recipes – Low Fat Cheesy Italian Stuffed Mushroom
- 9 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 Lb. ground turkey
- 3 cups of spaghetti sauce - I used Ragu Traditional
- dash of italian seasoning
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded parmesan cheese - I used Kraft
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your mushroom caps by removing the stems and spooning out the gills until smooth. On the stove, cook your ground turkey until done, drain the fat and then add the spaghetti sauce, dash of italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook a little longer until completely heated.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill each mushroom with a heaping amount. Top each mushroom with an even amount of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly.