Trail mix is amazing – you can pack it in school lunches, take it for quick snacks on the go, it’s the kind of snack that is good when you just want a little of everything. The problem is, trail mixes that are sold in the store are almost always manufactured in a plant with nuts, made with M&M’s or filled with peanuts.
I decided it was time to just make our own nut free trail mix. Better to be safe than sorry!
I came across a variety of Back to Nature Organic Granola at our local grocery store. Checking the bags over and over again, reading through their website, I couldn’t believe that we actually found a nut free granola.
We went with the Organic Cherry Vanilla granola, mixed together with the chocolate chips, it gave the trail mix a black forest flavor.
This Chocolate Chip Nut Free Trail Mix is really tasty and we were able to make over 20 snack bags. If you like chocolate, cherries and a bit of crunch, this trail mix is definitely one to try.
*Warning* This is my FYI to please please check the labels. Many products come in many varieties and what may be nut free today, may not be nut free tomorrow. I will list out exactly what was purchased for our chocolate chip nut free trail mix, please use this as a reference.
- 1 Lb. Bag of Rold Gold Fat Free Tiny Twist Pretzels
- 10 Oz. Bag of Kraft Jef Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 Bag of Back to Nature Organic Cherry Vanilla Granola
- 9 Oz Box of Sun-Maid Raisins
- 1 Bag of Hershey's Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8.9 Oz Box of Cherrios
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Scoop single serving 1 Cup bags, making over 20 snack bags. Great for lunches or on the go!