This post is in part with the SunButter Ambassador program. All thoughts are my own.
Chocolate, caramel and SunButter have been married together in this decadent recipe for Chocolate Caramel SunButter Cups. Peanut butter cups are my husbands favorite, caramel is my favorite and we all love chocolate. So I sat down and decided to make a peanut free candy that could be close in form to a candy bar and would include all of the above.
There are many ways that you can alter this recipe, to include other ingredients, to use different ingredients, and this is why I love it. We have already started to think of some fun ways to even turn this into a Valentine’s Day treat, using heart shaped silicone wrappers and Valentine’s Day candy decorations.
Any way you make it, this recipe for Chocolate Caramel SunButter Cups is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
The process is fairly simple to do. It starts by lining a cupcake wrapper, or mini cupcake wrapper, with about a teaspoon of semi milk chocolate. Place all of them into the fridge and prepare the rest of your ingredients.
The SunButter mixture consists of 1 cup of SunButter, softened butter and about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. You can sweeten it even more if you would like, though I should warn that after all is put together, this treat is pretty rich in taste.
After your base has hardened in the fridge (about 15 minutes), plop about 1 teaspoon of the SunButter mixture into the middle, then top with 1/2 tbsp of melted caramel and finish it off with a tbsp of white chocolate.
Throw it back into the fridge to harden up and enjoy!
Visit www.Sunbutter.com to shop online and find more Sunbutter recipes
Click here for more of our nut free recipes & don’t forget to subscribe below for nut free recipes in your inbox!
- 10 oz. Chocolate Almond Bark or Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 20 oz. White Chocolate Almond bark or Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Sunbutter
- 4 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 1/2 Powdered Sugar
- 11 Oz. Package of Caramel
- Line the bottom of cupcake wrappers or mini cupcake wrappers with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.
- Melt the white chocolate and the caramels.
- Pull the cups out of the fridge and add 1 teaspoon of the Sunbutter mixture and 1/2 tbsp of melted caramel on top, then finish with 1 tbsp of white chocolate.
- Place back into the fridge to harden, 20-30 minutes. Remove and enjoy!