This post is sponsored by Walmart.com. All thoughts are my own.
Creating a new baby registry is exciting, but it can also be over whelming. I remember walking up and down the aisles, adding everything to my registry without any idea of what I would need for a new baby.
Now that I’ve had two babies of my own, the essentials of raising a newborn are etched into the back of my head. I’ve purchased many products that probably a waste of money and other products that I couldn’t live without.
Now that several of my friends are currently expecting their first baby, I’m often asked about the things that they will need for a baby, what brands I liked best and which baby products they “must have”.
Don’t forget about the new mom!
Baby showers are for welcoming the new baby, but they are also for taking care of the new mommy. There are a few things that I always recommend for first-time moms.
- Maternity Body Pillows – Sleep is rough during pregnancy and the later into your pregnancy, the harder it gets. My favorite maternity body pillow came from Boppy, but nowadays there are several other brands to consider as well, such as these pregnancy pillows from Walmart. There are tons of reviews that will help you find the best option.
- Breast Feeding – Will the new mom be breastfeeding? Things like breast pads, lanolin nipple cream, breastfeeding bags, breast milk bottles, and breastfeeding pillows make great and unexpected gifts.
The new baby will be living off of breast milk or formula for the first 4-6 months of their lives. While babies don’t need much at first, here are a few products that would be fun to add to your baby shower gift:
- Burp Cloths – The designer burp cloths are cute but can be really expensive. Help the new mom stock up with pre-folded cloth diapers, such as the ones from Gerber. These make great burp cloths and are easy on the wallet.
- High Chair or Booster Seat – When my little ones first started to eat solids, we used a Bumbo seat with a tray. This worked really well when baby was too little for the high chair. Booster seats are nice for small spaces and a high chair is always a great choice.
- Pack ‘n Play – The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Cuddle Cove Rocking Seat is the most amazing playard ever! A pack ‘n play bassinet can feel really big to a newborn, often making it hard for them to get settled. What I love about this pack ‘n play is the addition of a gentle vibration rocking seat that can be situated either in or outside of the playard.
- Swaddle Blankets – From swaddle wraps to swaddle blankets, there are so many options to choose from
- Pacifiers – You won’t know what kind of pacifier your baby will like until your baby tries them, so a variety of pacifiers is good!
- Baby Monitor
Here are a few of my favorite baby gear items. Any new mom would love to receive these at a baby shower:
- Car Seat
- Bouncy Seat – We love the Graco Newborn Lounger!
- Baby Swing
- Boppy Newborn Lounger
Other Baby Items
- Diaper Cream
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Gate
This list could go on as there are many other things that could be added. One of my good friends is currently expecting and I’m so excited to share these baby products with her. Sadly, she lives two hours away! Thankfully, I can shop the Walmart Baby Registry online and send the products directly to her.
For more baby registry ideas and to create your own registry, visit www.walmart.com
I am blogging on behalf of Walmart.com and received compensation for my time, but the views expressed here are solely mine, not Walmart’s. Shop online and save money to live better at http://www.walmart.com.