Making a positive life change is such an empowering thing. I know that first hand, since I’ve been on my journey to better fitness for quite some time now. What started out as a mission to just drop a few pounds ended up becoming an entire lifestyle change. Not only am I loving the way that I look.. I’m also loving the way that I feel. The new habits I’ve adapted have also affected my family in such a large way. It’s crazy knowing my decision so directly affects their daily lives.
One thing that has changed for all of us is eating out. We used to enjoy eating out fairly often, but I have really gotten back to cooking a home cooked meal almost every night. It isn’t always the easiest thing to do, particularly since we are so active, but it’s a decision that I never regret.
How do I do it?
The key is keeping a nice supply of “go-to” items on hand, so that I can whip up a delicious meal in a short amount of time. The Birds Eye® Protein Blends at Walmart make it really easy to do this. These side items pair with your meal, in a convenient and hassle free way.
These yummy veggies come in four different flavors: Southwest Style, California Style, Italian Style, and Asian Style… and they’re all So Veggie Good!TM
Two of my favorite meals are Italian stuffed chicken breasts, paired with the Birds Eye® Protein Italian Blends, and Blackened Fish Tacos paired with the Southwest blends! There are so many different ways you can use these sides to complete your meal! My goal is always to stock up on them in the freezer, so that I can plan out meals ahead of time. That saves so much money, and less food is wasted.
Save On Birds Eye®
There is currently a $0.50 off Birds Eye® Protein Blends products offer via Ibotta. Be sure to grab it here: https://goo.gl/xuSvA1. Next time you’re at Walmart just grab a few and upload your receipt to the Ibotta app. You’ll leave with yummy veggies, piece of mind, and an bonus extra $0.50 back!
I could always use more dinner ideas. What would you pair with your Birds Eye® Protein Blends? Drop a comment below!
- 2 chicken breasts (about 7 oz. ea.)
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into skinny sticks
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- Using a meat mallet, tenderize your chicken breasts until they are no more than 1/2 inch thick. Depending on how thick your chicken breasts are, you might even need to cut them in half (horizontally) to make this easier.
- At the end of your chicken breast, layer 1 tbsp of tomatoes and a small bunch of zucchini sticks. Then sprinkle 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and 1 tsp of garlic powder across the entire length.
- Roll the chicken up and place into a small baking dish, open side down so it all doesn't fall out.
- Top each breast with more tomatoes and throw into the oven to make at 350 F. Cooking time will be about 45 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken is. Be sure to test with a thermometer and make sure it's fully cooked.
- Once done, sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese and enjoy!