Choosing a vacuum is a task that I put off as long as possible.
There are so many vacuums to choose from, so many price points and so many features.
Our vacuum just went out on us and the time came to find a vacuum that could keep up with two kids, a shih tzu dog and the traffic of everyone in between.
I went to Hoover and told them what I was up against, the recommendation given to me was the Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Upright.
The Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless vacuum is a new Walmart exclusive that retails at $99.99.
I honestly didn’t think a vacuum at this price point would meet the demanding needs of my house, however I was willing to give it a try.
When the Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless vacuum arrived on my doorstep I was excited to give it a go, it was even perfect timing as I hadn’t vacuumed that day.
Inside of the box there were 4 pieces and setup was a breeze.
Here are some of the key features of the Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum:
- Cord Rewind – no more winding—gently tap the pedal to retract the cord to store neatly inside
- Multi-Stage Cyclonic Technology – cleans the air moving through the filter for no loss of suction1
- Fabulous Filtration – multi-stage cyclonic filtration system, rinsable filter and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media. HEPA media traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns.
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup – lets you see what you’ve picked up, when it’s time to empty it out, and simplifies dirt disposal
- 25′ Power Cord – vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Performance Check Indicator – remains green during optimal performance
- 3 Position Carpet Height Adjustment – adjust as needed to clean all flooring types
- 8′ Stretch Hose – provides instant extended reach
- Carry Handle – molded-in handle on front of unit for easy lifting
- Only 17 pounds – light and easy to use with thorough cleaning power
- Limited 2-year warrantyOn-Board Tools:
- Air-Powered Hand Tool – puts hard-to-reach cleaning in the palm of your hand
- 12" Extension Wand – extends reach of the hose
- Crevice Tool – helps clean nooks and crannies
One of my favorite features of this vacuum is the cord rewind system.
I despise wrapping the cord up when using the vacuum, it always falls off the hooks and the cord gets tangled up.
With the new rewind system you (or in my case my 4 year old) can push the side button down and the cord will automatically rewind back into the vacuum.
HOW COOL IS THAT!
Now I knew that we were in need of a new vacuum.
But this is just gross! And honestly embarrassing..
One sweep of the living room, hallway and two spare bedrooms and this is what came up.
Dog hair, cut hair that trailed onto the carpet, dirt, and who knows what else is in there.
What I really like about this vacuum is the bottom release dirt cup. In my older vacuum the dirt cup slid out of the vacuum with no top so in the process of taking it to the trash can we would end up with spillage on the floor.
Now with the Elite Rewind, the bottom stays closed until you take it over to the trash can and push the bottom release button. One simple push and all of the dirt goes directly into the trash can!
We’ve been using the Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum for over a week now, about 4-5 uses. Before trying out this vacuum I will be honest to say this is not one that I would have purchased, when I think about the traffic and debris in my house I didn’t think this would hold up.
I’m very impressed with the quality and performance! This vacuum picked up so much more than my older vacuum did and each use provided the same performance level.
Did I mention that my older vacuum was meant for pet hair?
With the performance check indicator that lets me know when the filter needs to be cleaned, the lightweight design that allows me to easily clean any area of the house, and the rinsable filter that will save me money, I’m happy to have had an experience with this Hoover and will gladly recommend it.
At Hoover, we know that life’s busy and messy, from running errands, dropping the kids off for their extra-curricular activities, working outside of the home and all the day-to-day challenges that present themselves. Sometimes the priority of keeping a clean house is last on the list. As much as we love a good challenge, we understand that Spring cleaning is not a one-mom job and that those extra little hands can be of great help when it comes to cleaning!
Here are some great Spring Cleaning tips to help make cleaning a little easier:
- Take Attendance: To involve the family in spring cleaning, make sure the assigned day has no prior engagements and check everyone’s schedules. Let everyone know that this is a family event and don’t accept excuses.
- Don’t Forget the Fun: Invite everyone to bring their favorite song to clean to, and make a play list. Then host a dance off where each family member shows off his or her new moves – with their new dance partner – might we suggest a Hoover® vacuum? The winner gets one less chore to do!
- Team Work: Assign rooms to each member of the family. Depending on the number of people in your family, some may be assigned more rooms than others. Very large, complex jobs, such as the garage, may require more than one person working on them.
- Munchie Motivation: Have some your family’s favorites snacks and drinks on hand for break times. Having predetermined breaks can keep the family motivated to keep working.
- Hidden Gem: Hide small tokens around the areas being organized or cleaned. The people who have the most tokens at each break time get an extra 5 minutes at break.
Connect with Hoover for the latest product news & promotions!
The Hoover Elite Rewind Bagless Vacuum retails for $99.99 and can be found at a Walmart near you!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.