The hardest thing for me, as a mother to multiple children, is finding one on one time with my oldest child.
Andrea is my youngest, attends behavioral and speech therapy 4 times a week and is often the center of my attention. Andrew is my first born and tries so hard to understand his little sister’s needs, but also wants to have that special time with mommy too.
Recently, we were invited on a whole new kind of family vacation experience by the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. An opportunity that I have been waiting for, one on one time with my little guy who desperately wanted to feel as special as his little sister.
For 3 days and 2 nights, Andrew and I were going to experience a full service, beachfront resort hotel on the Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Sugar-white sand beaches, emerald green waters and a recently renovated hotel room with bunk beds that sits directly on the beach. Little did we know, this vacation would be had with Heather from Ourkidsmom.com, her daughter and several other amazing bloggers and their children. It was great to meet so many people that I’ve
been blogging with for all this time.
There are 598 rooms available at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, we were lucky enough to sample the Jr. Deluxe Suite Guest Room.
Included in our room:
- Kid’s room| Bunk Beds and included wall TV
- Open spaced sink area
- Bathroom with shower, tub, toilet and sink
- King size bed
- Mini Fridge
- Flat screen TV
- Coffee Table
- Beach View Balcony | with Included table and chairs to enjoy the ocean breeze outside
Traveling with a Food Allergy
Andrew has a life threatening Peanut and Tree Nut allergy, so I took extra precautions upon my arrival to the Hilton Sandestin Beach.
The Hilton Sandestin Beach does offer many accommodations when visiting with a food allergy, but there are a
few things to keep in mind.
- Contact the resort prior to your arrival, speak with each of the 6 restaurant’s available at the resort to see what they can provide you
- While visiting with a peanut & tree nut allergy, we were offered special accommodations by the chef at Barefoots Beachside Bar & Grill. Luckily, my son LOVES chicken and french fries. The chef at Barefoots hand crafted Andrew’s meals through our entire visit, hand breaded the chicken with breadcrumbs and prepared them in a fryer away from other food.
- Breakfast can be a little tricky. We visited the Sandcastles Restaurant for breakfast and it was an open buffet. While there were many options there, many that would normally be safe, there are other food choices there that do contain nuts. Some of them were situated very closely to the “safe” foods.
- Be prepared. While the Hilton Sandestin Beach did make many accommodations for my son, I didn’t expect it to go 100% to plan. In our suitcases, we packed a few mini boxes of cereal, snacking options and even a few Mac n Cheese microwave cups.
- Along with the items that we packed, and the considerations made by the resort, I would have to say this was beyond my best traveling experience while trying to keep my son safe. No one at the resort made us feel like we were being unreasonable and Andrew never felt left out.
I learned so much about the Hilton Sandestin Beach resort while visiting. Here are just a few of the things that intrigued me most:
- The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa is the largest full service beachfront resort in Northwest Florida
- All guest rooms include balconies with either a partial or full gulf view
- They have recently invested more than $9 million in capital improvements to “Go Green, indoors and out”
- The Hilton Sandestin has installed more than $250 thousand in habitat friendly lighting to protect the sea turtles and other waterfront animals
There was a break in our itinerary and us mommies had the opportunity for a little spa time. Luckily, the Hilton Sandestin Beach has a newly renovated Kids Krew program that features a daytime and nighttime children’s program.
Andrew had a blast during his time at the Kid’s Krew and loved all the crafts and games that they played. It’s not every day I can take a little mommy time while on vacation to enjoy something for me.
If my husband had been there too, we could have enjoyed a mom & dad night out at Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood while the kids played!
The Kids Krew is ingenious I tell ya!
3 Days and 2 nights doesn’t seem like a long time, but we had such a wonderful time. So much to experience at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, the views were simply breath taking and they really took the time to make us feel like family.
I will definitely be taking my entire family back in the future to enjoy this experience all over again.
I put together a video of my time together with Andrew, his cousin Emma and my sister Heather from Ourkidsmom.com. I hope that you enjoy seeing our experience of a lifetime!
If you will be visiting the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, be sure to take advantage of a special discounted package put together from our mommy blogger event.
*The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa provided accommodations, meals and some travel for this event. All thoughts and experiences are 100% my own. Some of the above photos are courteousy of Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf & Spa Resort.