Every Christmas I make peppermint bark and never really thought about making it during other holidays. This year I dug up a fun recipe from Nasbisco for Candy Corn Bark with Oreo Cookies! I made a few changes to make it safe for my peanut allergy child and for my own taste. This is fabulous, you must try it!
- 16 Halloween OREO Cookies, chopped up in chunky pieces
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzel twists, coarsely broken
- 1 pkg. Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Almond Bark
- 1/2 cup candy corn (Jelly Belly is nut free!)
- 1/4 cup brown and orange sprinkles
Melt the chocolate almond bark and spread it into a jelly pan that has been lined with a silicone baking sheet; spread the Oreos and pretzels onto the chocolate and set aside.
Melt the vanilla almond bark according to directions. Drizzle over cookie mixture; spread with spatula to evenly coat all ingredients. Top with candy corn and sprinkles; lightly press into chocolate mixture to secure.
COOL until firm, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.