Tis the season for holiday baking and family gatherings!
Giada De Laurentiis for Target has a new line of food, cookware and bakeware that was created by Giada herself to help make your special occasion gatherings a little less stressful and a little more memorable.
I received a few samples from Giada’s new line and really wanted to tell you about my favorite piece. However during the use of Giada’s new products I quickly fell in love with everything!
The 2 Quart Ceramic Oval Baker and 9” Ceramic Pie Pan are both beautifully made. I’ve always had plain metal pie pans which aren’t anything special to look at when it comes to presentation. The Giada De Laurentiis for Target bakeware can go directly from the oven to the table, the display is beautiful and makes for less clean up! After I made this cherry pie each slice easily side out of the ceramic pie pan, serving was a breeze and the pan made my pie look so yummy!
During preparation of my pie I used the Giada De Laurentiis for Target Silicone Spoonula with Stainless Steel Handle, this spoon is wonderfully made and I loved the ease it provided while spooning my cherries into the pan! The design looks and feels high quality and I’ve been using this silicone spoon almost every day.
Did you know that mixing foods in your pots and pans with silicone will help protect them from scratches and peeling of the non stick?
Did I mention the stainless steel handle makes this silicone spoon look like a top dollar item?
While relaxing with my family, thinking about all of the entertaining that we will be doing this weekend I decided to try out the Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream recipe created by Giada De Laurentiis herself. We used the Target Giada Blend Coffee that we received and found that this was a nice sweet treat. Loved the feeling it gave you and is perfect to enjoy during the holidays.
Spiced Coffee with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 cup brewed Giada De Laurentiis for Target Giada Blend Coffee
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1. In a small sauce pan combine the granulated sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
2. Add allspice, cinnamon and ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
4. In a heat proof pitcher or measuring cup add the boiling water to the coffee /espresso. Divide it among four 6 to 8 oz cups.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of the spiced syrup to each cup and stir to combine.
6. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
7. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream – dust with cinnamon and add cinnamon stick.
Yield: 4 servings/ 4 (6-8 oz) cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Giada De Laurentiis also included a few items from the Target Grocery line. These would be great to create appetizers for your guests, make them look like you spent a lot of time but also taste great too!
We are preparing for our holiday party and plan to create several appetizers with Giada’s foods. I can’t wait to try them and wow my guests with beautiful yummy food!
If you are planning to entertain friends and family over the holidays here are a few tips that Giada De Laurentiis has provided to help keep things flowing:
– Plan ahead! Prepare most of your dishes ahead of time, rather than trying to cook everything at once. You’ll feel less stressed and will be able to enjoy the party. Giada recommends leaving only one item for last minute prep – this brings everyone into the kitchen and sets the tone for a cozy, comfortable evening.
– Don’t overdo your menu – keep it simple! As a general rule, Giada suggests offering four to five appetizers. During the holidays, choose foods that have vibrant colors for an added festive touch. Also select foods that are beautiful to serve and easy for guests to eat.
Disclosure | I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Giada De Laurentiis for Target and received product samples to facilitate my review.