It’s funny that I write this post because when I was my children’s age things like this did not exist.. in fact I didn’t even get my first computer until I was in High School and it was an ancient Gateway, you know the BIG HUGE Monitors that weighed 50 Lbs alone with dial up internet. I still giggle at the sound of the modem connecting and remembering being excited over hearing “You’ve Got Mail!”…
Oh how have times have changed.
There is no getting around it, our kids are into electronics and here are a few great ideas for kids of all ages!
For the Wee little ones like my little girl (12 months)
- Three modes of play teach shapes, common objects, feelings and music
- Light-up screen interacts with colorful keyboard
- Moveable mouse sized for little hands
- A broad curriculum that goes beyond school skills
- A built-in camera and video recorder
- Skill levels that automatically adjust to each child’s pace
- 100+ games and activities
(works with all Leapster Explorer games and apps)
- Appropriate for children ages 4 to 9 years
For the Bigger Kids, here is the ultimate digital toy!
The PeeWee Power Laptop : Retails for $449.99 at PeeWeePc.com
This laptop is an easy to carry laptop, child friendly and made to withstand a little bit of child abuse.. (I would like to test that out!)
The case is made from a sturdy, drop proof rubber material while the keyboard is water resistant. (Heck us as adults may even need that!)
This computer is the perfect entry level computer and comes with 15 educational games, 2 security suites, Windows 7, built in camera and other great software.