My favorite part of holiday time is baking with my kids. Cookies, candies and all of the holiday favorites. This year, we have a new Valentine’s Day favorite.. Oreo Cookie Balls!
Oreo Cookie Balls are the latest and greatest thing, they are so easy to make and taste so moist and rich. Oreos are generally peanut and tree nut free, with the exception of a few specialty flavors like peanut butter. My son gets excited about Oreos for this very reason, I don’t blame him. Oreos ROCK!
One of my all time favorite holiday treats are chocolate covered cherries. We took that idea and twisted it up with the Oreo Cookie Ball idea and came up with Chocolate Covered Cherry Oreo Cookie Balls!
This recipe calls for only 5 ingredients and they make about 48 balls, perfect for holiday entertaining. Place them into a cute container and gift them to your friends and family.
- 1 1/2 packages of Chocolate Creme Oreo Cookies
- 8 Oz package of Cream Cheese (Brick)
- 48 Maraschino Cherries
- 16 oz Package Chocolate Bark
- 1 Small package of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Finely crush 36 Chocolate Creme Oreo cookies, will make about 3 cups. Then blend the cream cheese into the Oreos until completely mixed, will make a very mushy and creamy consistency. Make 1 inch balls out of the Oreo and cream cheese mixture, smoosh them flat and place one of the cherries inside, then smoosh the sides up around the cherry while rolling it back into a ball.
- Place onto a piece of wax paper, on a cookie sheet, and freeze them for 10 minutes.
- While in the freezer, melt your chocolate bark as directed on the packaging. Dip the frozen Oreo balls into the chocolate mixture and then place back onto the wax paper. Melt a small bowl of dark chocolate chips in the microwave and then, using a fork, drizzle the dark chocolate over the Oreo balls.
- Place into the refrigerator for about an hour, until solid.