One of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld is when Elaine mentions that she only eats the tops of muffins. Raise your hand if you agree it’s the best part! I bet Elaine would love these Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies.
When I saw the picture of these Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies on Pinterest, it reminded me of that episode. We had some blueberries that were about to go to waste, so I decided to see how hard it would be to make these Blueberry Muffin Cookies gluten free.
These were so easy to whip up, the frosting is delish and everyone in the house has raved over how they’re just like the tops of muffins. You know, the best part!
So, get cookin’, good lookin’! These are pretty healthy, and with gluten free all purpose flour they can be gluten free, too!
Recipe: Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cookie Icing Ingredients:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Line your cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or grease them as an alternative.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and yogurt, then blend in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together, then blend it into the wet ingredients mixture. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto the cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-11 minutes. Remove from the oven when the edges have started to brown.
- Cool for two minutes, and then move the cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frosting Instructions:
- Mix the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar, then lemon juice and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the lemon zest and ice the cooled cookies.*Tip* These are best eaten within 1-2 days of cooking.
Diet tags: Gluten free